[NCUC-EC] Meeting with Rob and Benedetta- Additional Budget Request

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 08:42:17 CET 2017

All,

As the additional budget request meeting with NCUC is approaching I would
like to tell you about my meeting with Benedetta and Rob about the
additional budget request.

>From what I understood, the more the request can address the need of a
larger section of the community, it is more likely to get approved by
Board.

To make the chances of approval higher, I had a meeting with Tapani and
Klaus and wrote a capacity building request for NCSG additional budget
request. They are discussing it now at FC and I think NCSG EC has to
approve too.

But back to NCUC and our own requests: I discussed the members' ideas with
Rob and Bene, most of the event ideas are either not eligible for FY18
(because of their event date) or can be covered with CROPP. So it is better
to go with IGF and use CROPP next year for some of the events.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aEZoUNsHBuzj3tyTmlDiGSeinNrKJUYcPrNTfJ-dLJ8/edit

We need to be aware that requests that are covered by the core budgets will
not get approved.These requests can be for example: anything that Comms can
support (promotional materials etc).

Also they might just say that we need to comment on the main budget and
operational plan (core budget) and not possible to ask for some of the
reqeusts as additional budget request. This includes requests for
increasing the officers travel slots. we missed the deadline on public
comment for operational planning so we cannot request this anymore ( I
think).

We also need to look at the successful requests in the past. would be good
to look at GNSO :
https://community.icann.org/display/projfinadhocws/GNSO+-+FY17+Additional+Budget+Requests

and the results which I have attached.

We need to also look at ICANN strategy: h
ttps://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/strategic-plan-2016-2020-10oct14-en.pdf

We should have a good idea of what we want to propose before our meeting
with members on 24th Jan and then see if members have comments. I have also
attached a sample of FY17 ISPC request which was approved by Board.

Best

Farzaneh