[Ec-ncuc] FW: [Ncu-exec] Fwd: GNSO Toolkit Implementation - Community Checksheet

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis
Sun Jan 16 14:40:29 CET 2011

Dear all,

We have a request to fill out this information and send it back to Glen. There is also a Budget request document for 2012, which I think is different than the toolkit and Avri has already asked the fiscal committee of NCSG to deal with this.

For the toolkit, I have filled out the information that I think is relevant to us and send it for your consideration. Please bear with me as this is the first time I am filling this out. My approach has been - better ask for more than less even if we don't get to use all of them. I think that the toolkit should be submitted as a Stakeholder rather than Constituency response, but if you think that it is better to split it please do let me know. I guess that if we go for the first, it should also go through the NCSG EC for approval.

You will see that I asked for at least one F2F meeting - please add to the text if you think that what I wrote is inefficient.

The deadline for this is February 15, 2011.

Thanks

KK

------ Forwarded Message
From: Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 18:22:56 -0000
To: Non-Commercial Users - ICT Policy - Internet Governance - ICANN <ncu-exec at ipjustice.org>
Subject: [Ncu-exec] Fwd: GNSO Toolkit Implementation - Community Checksheet

FYI:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth at icann.org>
Date: January 5, 2011 2:25:57 PM PST
Cc: David Olive <david.olive at icann.org>, Glen de Saint G?ry <gnso-secretariat at gnso.icann.org>, Liz Gasster <liz.gasster at icann.org>

Dear GNSO Community Leaders;

Many thanks to those of you who shared your thoughts and ideas with me about the GNSO Toolkit Implementation Report that I circulated to you in mid-November.  There were some very useful discussions and conversations on the subject in Cartagena.

As promised in Cartagena, attached please find a checklist designed to gauge each GNSO Stakeholder Group (SG) and Constituency's interest in receiving the various available toolkit services for the remainder of FY11 (through 30 June 2011) and during FY12 (starting 1 July 2011).

As we discussed in Cartagena, the purpose of this first checklist is to provide a mechanism that will allow Policy Staff to contribute to the FY12 budget development process and otherwise develop resource plans for FY12.  It will also help us to organize any necessary follow-up planning discussions for those potentially challenging menu items (e.g., web site support, organizational record-keeping and membership contact lists) that will require further community/staff discussions and collaboration.

As outlined in the Implementation Report, Glen needs to have each SG and Constituency's completed form returned to her by COB on 15 February to confirm each community's desire for specific services in the upcoming fiscal year.  The mid-February date will give us the opportunity to fold all the requests into the FY12 budget planning process and to specifically identify or designate potential resources where appropriate. The checklist template has been created to provide for a consistent response format, but please feel free to provide expanded comments or additional thoughts for specific menu items when you transmit your responses directly to Glen. There is always room for improvement in the checklist template.

Please send a note to me and Glen if you have any particular questions about any part of the checklist. As this is our inaugural effort with the toolkit, any and all comments and suggestions you have for improving the information collection process are welcomed.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth

------ End of Forwarded Message