[Ec-ncuc] brief update

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis
Tue Jan 18 16:34:38 CET 2011

Dear all,

A short email just to update you with something that is about to take place. Stephane - the GNSO Chair - has proposed the creation of a mailing discussion list between all constituency and stakeholder group chairs. I have supported this as I think it is a great idea for the council to communicate and discuss issues with us. The role of this mailing list will not be to replace the mandate of the GNSO, but to build bridges of communication amongst the various groups.

One thing that has come out of that is that they also want the contact details of vice chairs of constituencies and/or stakeholder groups. I am under the impression that NCUC does not have a vice chair - do you think that it would be feasible to designate one of us that can act as VC in case I am not available? (I know that this is supposed to be part of the election process and I don't know how to do this. I would suggest we designate someone as VC and send it off to the list for approval?) All other constituencies and stakeholder groups appear to be having one and I would also like us to have someone in place.

Many thanks

KK

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,

Law Lecturer,
Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses
Director of LLM Information Technology and Telecommunications Law
University of Strathclyde,
The Law School,
Graham Hills building,
50 George Street, Glasgow G1 1BA