[NCUC-DISCUSS] Planning ICANN80 Plenary Session Agenda

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Tue May 14 17:19:20 CEST 2024

Dear NCUC members,
Good day. I hope your day is going well.

As a planning team member for the ICANN80 Plenary session, I would like to
share the draft program for your input and help shape the session. I will
share with the team whatever contribution you submit to me.

ICANN80 Plenary Session Planning Document

Monday, 10 June 2024, 15:30–17:00 UTC+2
Objectives and Goals

   -

   Strengthening multistakeholder voices in multilateral discussions
   -

   Strengthening linkages between different processes based on existing
   discussions underway
   -

   Brainstorming on what can be done next collectively

Description

TBD
Program Participants

   1.

   Moderators (2):

   -

   Pari Esfandiari
   -

   Chris Disspain
   -

   Jordan Carter
   -

   Bertrand de La Chapelle
   -

   Nigel Hickson (Remote/virtual)

   2.

   Discussants
   1.

      Jordan Carter as he was in HLEC and one of the penholder
      2.

      Ana Neves
      3.

      GDC a government speaker - Jorge, Nigel
      4.

      Anriette Esterhuysen

Agenda

   1.

   What has happened so far? (introduction and context)
   1.

      NetMundial+10 rapporteur (Jordan Carter, Manal Ismail?)
      2.

      WSIS+20 Forum rapporteur (Ana Neves?)
      3.

      GDC stakeholder sessions rapporteur (Jorge Cancio, Nigel Hickson?)
      4.

      HLGM rapporteur
      2.

   What is happening next? (rounds of questions)
   1.

      End of GDC process
      2.

      Summit of the Future (September)
      3.

      UN IGF (December)
      4.

      Agenda 2030
      5.

      Opportunities and threats to the multistakeholder model
      6.

      Evolution of the multistakeholder model
      3.

   What can we do? (discussion)
   1.

      Linking events together
      2.

      Importance of not creating new structures
      3.

      What can the ICANN community do?
      4.

      Ongoing, collaborative processes

Resources

   -

   Looking Toward WSIS+20: How Can We Improve Multistakeholder
   Participation in Internet Governance?
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/178a0p6AKWvzqACH5rLWPiGI4Prs8Y4cjcdzszNJ0EZ4/edit?usp=sharing>
   (ICANN76 plenary session)
   -

   2005 Tunis Agenda
   <https://www.itu.int/net/wsis/docs2/tunis/off/6rev1.html>
   -

   What WSIS is and why WSIS+20 matters
   <https://www.auda.org.au/blog/what-wsis-and-why-wsis20-matters>
   -

   Enhancing the Effectiveness of ICANN’s Multistakeholder Model
   -

      Paper
      <https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/enhancing-effectiveness-multistakeholder-model-14oct20-en.pdf>
      -

      Webpage
      <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance-plan-improve-multistakeholder-model-2019-04-08-en>

I am looking forward to your contributions.

Kind regards,
Benjamin