[NCUC-DISCUSS] Domain Incite: ICANN declines to disclose whether it pays men and women the same.

dorothy g dgdorothydg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 14:01:56 CEST 2018

The request asked for male/female average salaries. So for example if an
organisation says it has an equal number of male and female employees but
most of the female employees are in lower paid support functions and all of
top management are male such a statistic would not look good.  In theory
men and women are supposed to be paid the same in the same role but there
are techniques like not taking into account certain types of experience
that can give an employer an excuse to bring women in at a lower level than
they would be normally entitled to. These techniques are well documented in
the discussions around equal pay for equal work regardless of gender or
ethnicity. So it does happen. I speak in general terms and not for this
specific organisation.

best regards
Dorothy