[NCUC-DISCUSS] What is "outreach"?

Matthew Shears matthew at intpolicy.com
Thu Jun 15 15:29:27 CEST 2017

Couple of edits for your consideration:

Outreach is one of NCUC's core activities through which we
provide information to noncommercial Internet users [/add: and
organizations?/] (our designated [/possibly a confusing term - delete?/]
community) about the work of NCUC and its role in domain name policy
making at ICANN. Outreach facilitates the entry of the designated [/as
above/] community to policymaking processes at ICANN. Outreach brings
the diversity of views of noncommercial users to NCUC [/add: enriching
its membership and policy work/]. [/delete/: and can prevent capture].
Outreach raises awareness about the existence of NCUC  and what we are
working on at ICANN and how our designated [/as above/] community can
get involved with our activities. [/Not sure about this part:/ It will
bring more legitimacy to the process of policy development] and make our
participation more effective at ICANN.

Matthew

--
Matthew Shears