[NCUC-DISCUSS] What is "outreach"?

Yolanda Mlonzi mamiyaomhle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:41:14 CEST 2017

Hi Farzneh,

That is a good description - what I am suggestion has been largely covered
in the text, but maybe it might be of value?

I like the sentiment of diversity, can we also add that an outreach gives
members and those wanting to join an opportunity to understand some of the
issues dealt within the an organisation/constituency (NCUC) and how can the
be applied in their *local/regional context*? Essentially, reinforcing that
the work that the body(NCUC/Organisation etc) does can be implemented and
spread across different regions to suit varying contexts?

*In essence, I think it would be good to elevate the thought of
diversity/activity through the lens of actionability, enabling and
empowering members/attendees of the outreach in their local context*.

Because, what's an outreach if people can't feel they can do something
about what they have learnt? 😊 So one of the main purposes/defining
characteristic of an outreach (in my view) is imparting/raising awareness
of what can be done and why people should join an organisation/movement.

Hopefully we can find nicer words and a succinct way of putting this
across.

2cents from Yolanda!