[NCUC-DISCUSS] Questions on ncuc bylaws

Dr. Tatiana Tropina t.tropina at mpicc.de
Fri Oct 14 11:22:14 CEST 2016

Hi Farzaneh,

my 2 cents (in-line):

> Questions:
> 1. Should the bylaws include the process of removal of ncuc officers
> such as EC members and how?

Yes the bylaws shall include the process of removal and also to make a
more defined criteria. The bylaws draft Chapter VII (C) provides that
"Elected or appointed officers and representatives of the Constituency
can be removed for nonparticipation according to operating rules as
defined by EC operating rules". I wonder where and how non-participation
will be defined - is it just not fulfilling the duties of the EC member
or complete radio silence in the NCUC? and what is the process in case
of disputes about removal? We might want to be clear here to avoid any
unnecessary conflicts in the future.

> 2. Should the bylaws predict processes for participating in empowered
> community and how?

This is certainly an issue to consider.

> 3. Changes are made to the ncuc bylaws to align it with ncsg bylaws.
> Since ncsg is going to go under bylaws reviews what should be done if
> ncsg bylaws again disalign with ncuc in some respects?

I believe NCUC members will take an active discussions in the NCSG
bylaws changes, or at least they could be encouraged to do so to figure
out any point of dis-alignment as quickly as possible. In case of real
contradiction, well, probably the bylaws shall be changed, if the NCUC
members decide its necessary.

Cheers
Tanya