[NCUC-DISCUSS] Questions on ncuc bylaws

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:02:11 CEST 2016

Apologies. Been involved too much with CCWG Accountability so thought I was
clear. Empowered Community is created by the ccwg-accountability proposal
and implemented in ICANN bylaws. Its powers have been predicted in the new
ICANN bylaws.

The excerpts from Professor Mueller blogpost might make it clearer.

"The (ccwg accountability) proposal creates an “empowered community” whose
most important accountability functions are its ability to approve
fundamental bylaw changes and to remove an individual board member or kick
out the entire board. But it also has the power to reject standard bylaw
changes and proposed budgets and strategic plans. It can initiate an IRP
proceeding, and can also override board decisions related to IANA functions
separation. "

http://www.internetgovernance.org/2016/02/19/the-transition-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

Best

Farzaneh