Question about NCUC faq relating to membership

Alain Berranger alain.berranger at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 14 21:24:39 CET 2011

Hi Tamir,

interesting!...Thanks for sharing.

BTW, no apologies needed...

I understand the appeal feature...right now the balance of power within
NCSG would make it ineffective. Appealing or using ombdusman should be a
last resort when dialogue has broken down. Much more deesirable to look at
the facts, most often then, the decision becomes obvious.

I think an organization interested in ICANN can choose to join the
Constituency that makes the most sense for that organization... and use the
Statement of Interest (SOI) to be transparent about secondary interests or
apparent conflicts of interest... Where I have a concern is when those
"other" interests are not declared at all... and/or that SOIs are not
available... It always raise the issue if this is as a result of neglect or
by design... neither options are much desirable!

Indeed, all this is needed to keep ICANN a true multi-stakeholder
organization. Bill Clinton, like him or not, made that very clear at his
San Francisco address during ICANN 40. His text should be required reading
for all new comers to ICANN and a good refresher for all.

Cheers, Alain