[Bylaws] Approval of New Process For GNSO Charter Amendments

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Oct 3 10:21:11 CEST 2013

Hi

I hope the call tonight goes well and look forward to hearing what happened.  In the meanwhile, attached please find new instructions from ICANN as to how bylaw revisions have to be processed.  These have to be factored into timelines and content choices etc.

Best,

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth at icann.org>
> Subject: Approval of New Process For GNSO Charter Amendments
> Date: October 3, 2013 10:14:03 AM GMT+02:00
> To: 'KEITH DRAZEK' <kdrazek at Verisign.com>, "michele at blacknight.com"	<michele at blacknight.com>, "elisa.cooper at markmonitor.com"	<elisa.cooper at markmonitor.com>, Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org>, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch>, Tony Holmes <tonyarholmes at btinternet.com>, Kristina Rosette <krosette at cov.com>, Marie-laure Lemineur	<mllemineur at gmail.com>
> Cc: Glen de Saint Géry <gnso-secretariat at gnso.icann.org>, Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>, Ken Bour <ken.bour at verizon.net>
>
> Dear Elisa, Robin, Kristina, Marie-laure, Bill, Tony, Keith and Michele,
>
> This past weekend the ICANN Board approved a new process for the review and approval of GNSO community charter amendments.  The resolutions were published yesterday and the Board action can be found here - http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-28sep13-en.htm#2.c . As directed by the Board, Staff will be posting the new process on the GNSO web site.
>
> In the meantime, for your reference, I have copied and pasted the new process into a word document – attached.
>
> Thanks to Steve Metalitz on behalf of the IPC and Edward Morris from the NCUC (commenting as an individual) for submitting comments on the proposed process during the public comment period.  The contributions resulted in some productive modifications to the proposal.
>
> Staff is ready to provide support for any community charter amendment efforts – now and in the future. Please let me know anytime if you would like to discuss the new process or specific charter amendment ideas.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rob
>
> From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth at icann.org>
> Date: Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:05 AM
> To: 'KEITH DRAZEK' <kdrazek at Verisign.com>, "michele at blacknight.com" <michele at blacknight.com>, "elisa.cooper at markmonitor.com" <elisa.cooper at markmonitor.com>, Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org>, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch>, Tony Holmes <tonyarholmes at btinternet.com>, Kristina Rosette <krosette at cov.com>, Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan at gmail.com>
> Cc: Glen de Saint Géry <gnso-secretariat at gnso.icann.org>, Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>
> Subject: Upcoming Public Comment Period on GNSO Charter Changes
>
> Dear Elisa, Robin, Kristina, Cintra, Bill, Tony, Keith and Michele;
>
> Over the last several months I have communicated with a number of you about interpretations of various provisions in your community charter documents and I know that some of you are planning (or at least considering) making some adjustments to your community governing documents.

> [...]

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org