[Pt53] Urgent: Draft Invitation Letter for NCUC Outreach Event in BA

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Jun 9 13:51:01 CEST 2015

Hola

> On Jun 1, 2015, at 6:05 PM, Valeria Betancourt <valeriab at apc.org> wrote:
>
> We are happy in the APC to help with contacting people and sending
> invitations out.

I am just back from the European IGF in Sofia and catching up on many loose ends. The NCUC LAC civil society outreach event in BA is now just 11 days away, so we really need to get an invitation letter sent out to the names, organizations and mail lists at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gRnbG-zlSzke5D2bQO30yXAu2kXxfuLNXIRL1jwj9v0/edit?pli=1 <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gRnbG-zlSzke5D2bQO30yXAu2kXxfuLNXIRL1jwj9v0/edit?pli=1>.  To that end, please find attached my draft invite letter for any quick comments etc. Valeria, I included you as co-signatory since you’ll be sending it out, but if you don’t prefer this we can change it.  I’ll send you the Word file.

I am not sure how people want to handle the language issue.  We could send it in English just to get it out quickly; to be honest, while some big sessions will have translation facilities (particularly for GAC and ALAC), most working meetings like this will be in smaller rooms without translation facilities, so anyone who can’t read English will face challenges in our meeting and beyond.  But if people would like to do quick translations to Spanish and Portuguese and we mail versions accordingly, we can do that, whatever you like.  Either way, the letter must get out in the next couple days.

Also, along with the letter, it would be sensible to attach a version of the NCUC brochure, which is available in all three languages at http://www.ncuc.org/brochure/ <http://www.ncuc.org/brochure/>

Thanks,

Bill