[Ncuc-lac] [NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC LAC Call - Onboarding and Choose the theme!

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sun Aug 27 18:31:09 CEST 2017

On the participation of civil society — I agree that this would make for an interesting discussion. Milton spoke about this in his book, Networks and States, where he said one of the challenges for civil society representation in Internet governance is that there are rarely formal mechanisms in place for replacing representatives and that decision-making processes are sometimes improvised. It is hard for us to call for accountability and transparency when our own lack of formality and diversity is lacking! (But I think we're getting a lot better in this respect.)

Best wishes,

Ayden Férdeline
[linkedin.com/in/ferdeline](http://www.linkedin.com/in/ferdeline)