[NCUC-EC] ICANN 77 Funded Traveler slots

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:58:20 CET 2023

Dear Mili & ECs,

Your recommendations are greatly appreciated. However are they
achievable within the timeframe?

I agree we should create the process, but there are guidelines in the
Bylaws on how to change the process. Someone has to develop the draft and
that should be happening already.

The process of changing or creating a guideline may be too late for these
selections.

I agreed with your suggestions and I only pointed you to the existing
travel policy.

All I expect now is for us to agree on who are the two ECs going to ICANN77
by default, and my suggestion is
Olga and Ines - with clear expectations or TOR developed for both
ICANN-supported funded travel slots.

In the case of the NCSG  travel slot one, we should consider another NCUC
EC - and my immediate suggestion here will be Claudio since he just only
got the CROP and hopefully, he can represent the NCSG appointee during the
NCSG session (we develop clear expectations or TOR). If not we throw the
slot open to the membership.

Hence subsequent travel slot selections can follow as you have
recommended... This is my take at this moment.

Kind regards,
Benjamin