[NCUC-EC] [URGENT] CROP CALL - KOBE MEETING - 4 review today

David Cake dave at davecake.net
Tue Jan 8 03:08:23 CET 2019

I would either change it to returning to the same region, or change it to something like ‘if you are not returning to the same city, please highlight that in your application’ and we can decide.
While we don’t want it to lead to unexpected costs, I don’t think there is any reason why want to make it unnecessarily restrictive.

I returned from ICANN Barcelona via directly attending a second Internet event in Taipei. It saved ICANN money for me to do so. Why would we want to make that sort of thing more difficult for CROP? It has also happened a few times in the past that I will spent time on the East coast of Australia (I live in the West, some 4000km away) at one end of an ICANN trip, and pay for domestic travel myself - why should we complicate that?

David