[NCUC-EC] ICANN64 | Kobe - NCUC-EC Travelers application due Thursday, 08 November 2018

hfaiedh ines hfaiedh.ines2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 23:22:13 CET 2018

Dear colleagues,

First I really hope that we can have the full EC team at ICANN 64 meeting
so that we work collaboratively on our sessions and have a wider impact in
terms of outreach.
For ICANN 64, I hope take part in the planning of outreach initiatives such
as but not limited to our joint session with at large, our constituency
day, and presenting updates from our end and meeting with fellows and
nextgens at the ICANN information booth to make sure attendees understand
what NCUC is and where it stands in NCSG and ICANN in general.
There is still.however always a need to highlight what the Executive
Committee does as well as the Policy Committee, the GNSO Council and the
epdp team which I will keep on working to update our members through the
webinars that I organise for NCUC Africa members.

I also hope to cease the opportunity to share work on track-issues by
inviting experienced community members as well as mentees. I personally
hope to get more involved in WT5 geonames and to better contribute to the
discussions especially when the attribution of a geo name comes against
freedom rights. I am also a member of the Middle East and Adjoigning
Countries Strategy Working Group that I would like to assist for its next
statement for ICANN 64, the waybI did in ICANN 62 byvbeing part of the
Drafting Team of “The Middle East Statement on WHOIS Compliance with GDPR”.

For our NCUC Constituency session, in addition to NCUC Introduction and EC
briefings, I suggest we keep securing the time for ICANN fellows and
mrmbers to voice their suggestions on how to improve our work and
procedures.
I would also love to share some of the initiatives we launched in Africa
and share updates on FIFA Africa, The African IGF and Afrinic. It would
also be great if we could invite ICANN CEO or some Board members and update
them on the topics NCUC is working on.

These are some suggestions that I hope we can develop once the next
meeting's schedule is ready.