[NCUC-EC] update: NCUC mentees at ICANN61

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 12:27:22 CET 2018

Hi

Despite Maryam having just sent a message, I received an email she
would not be on her email until 19Feb.

However, if EC wants to inquire into how someone wishes to communicate
specific events of their travel arrangements, I'm sure EC can come up
w/ a volunteer to have that conversation w/ mentee.

I will advise too that there is no reason for doing this other than EC
wants to.

The Policy Course slot could be occupied by a selected ICANN fellow
who is an NCUC member.

EC could send 2 people to ICANN62 if it wanted to.

Yet you prefer to send to ICANN61 on a visa selection process.

And yes, you will have to say:

"This is a process available only to members who have USA visa as
there is no time to arrange it any other way"

In a few months from now, on Constituency Review, you'll have to
explain yet again why did you chose to not have an inclusive process.

Best,

Renata