[NCUC-EC] update: NCUC mentees at ICANN61

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 17:03:50 CET 2018

Given all the visa problems we are having right now, I do agree with Renata
that we should save this position for Panamá and advertise these positions
on the list on the week after Puerto Rico - just so we dont face any more
criticism regarding the lack of publicity in any of our calls.

Best,
B.

> Hi
>
> Despite Maryam having just sent a message, I received an email she
> would not be on her email until 19Feb.
>
> However, if EC wants to inquire into how someone wishes to communicate
> specific events of their travel arrangements, I'm sure EC can come up
> w/ a volunteer to have that conversation w/ mentee.
>
> I will advise too that there is no reason for doing this other than EC
> wants to.
>
> The Policy Course slot could be occupied by a selected ICANN fellow
> who is an NCUC member.
>
> EC could send 2 people to ICANN62 if it wanted to.
>
> Yet you prefer to send to ICANN61 on a visa selection process.
>
> And yes, you will have to say:
>
> "This is a process available only to members who have USA visa as
> there is no time to arrange it any other way"
>
> In a few months from now, on Constituency Review, you'll have to
> explain yet again why did you chose to not have an inclusive process.
>
> Best,
>
> Renata

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

+55 61 99252-6512