[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Statement of Interest of Robin Gross to NCUC Executive Committee

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 01:46:38 CET 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org>
Date: sáb, 1 de dez de 2018 22:30
Subject: Statement of Interest of Robin Gross to NCUC Executive Committee
To: <chair at ncuc.org>
Cc: Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>

Statement of Interest of Robin Gross

I am writing to apply to be re-appointed as NCUC’s representative to the
NCSG Executive Committee.  I have formerly served as NCSG’s Chair, NCUC’s
Chair, and as the noncommercial representative to the GNSO Council when the
2007 New GTLD Policy was created and adopted.  I am intimately familiar
with NCSG’s Charter as I was an active participant in its drafting and
adoption.  Recently, I participated in an ICANN working group tasked with
reforming ICANN’s bylaws and so am quite familiar with the bylaws and other
ICANN governing instruments.  I have been an active participant in numerous
ICANN GNSO working groups since 2004 and am presently a member of the
leadership team in the New GTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group.  I am
extremely familiar with the NCSG membership process including its rules and
the rationales behind the policies, and in 2017 I drafted NCSG’s operating
procedures governing the NCSG membership removal or reclassification
process.  I am an intellectual property rights attorney in San Francisco
and am teaching International Intellectual Property Rights at Santa Clara
University School of Law in Spring semester 2019.  My schedule is somewhat
flexible and I am available to participate in regular teleconferences and
in discussions on the NCSG-EC mailing list regarding NCSG-EC.  I am
additionally available for any other discussions needed to advance the
needs of NCUC and the NCSG-EC.  Thank you.