[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Application for NCSG EC position

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 16:53:38 CET 2018

Another application for NCSG EC

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Raphaël Beauregard-Lacroix <rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com>
Date: sáb, 1 de dez de 2018 13:51
Subject: Application for NCSG EC position
To: <chair at ncuc.org>
Cc: Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>

Dear Bruna,

Please find below my statement of interest for the NCSG EC position.

I have now been active in ICANN for more than two years. My first
experience was acquired through the work of the Jurisdiction subgroup of
WS2, which I joined in the fall of 2016. There was some marked disagreement
within that subgroup as to the scope of its work. Nonetheless, I strove to
gather consensus around specific action points and work on those. I got
involved in drafting a part of the final recommendation, regarding choice
of law in ICANN registry agreements.

As for the NCSG, I have been involved since May 2018, first as a member of
the human rights CCWP and then as a member of the NCUC more generally.
During the summer of 2018, I along with a few members of the group, started
a reflection on the operationalisation of the human rights bylaw, to which
I contributed a short piece which got published on CircleID.

More specifically related to the NCUC, I have been involved in both policy
as well as "housekeeping" work. I participated in the drafting of two
comments (Study on Technical Use of RZ Label Generation Rules and Draft
IANA/PTI budget FY 2019). Following the latter comment, I have joined the
finance committee which will seek to develop an expertise in tracking and
reporting on ICANN financial matters. As for housekeeping, I have been, as
part of the tech team, in touch with Farzaneh regarding technical matters,
in order to solve the various back-end/front end issues with membership
management software.

As part of the NCSG EC, I intend on helping organise and manage the
elections, updating and revising membership rules, coordinating and liaise
with other NSCG constituencies and other ICANN SOs/ACs more generally, and
providing dispute resolution support as needed.

Finally, I do confirm that I understand the time requirements related to
the position and intend to participate in the calls as well as list work. I
will also report regularly to the NCUC regarding the EC's activities.

Thank you for your consideration,

Kind regards,

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix