[NCUC-EC] Travel funding allocation - ICANN63

Michael Karanicolas mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:11:54 CEST 2018

Hi,

Thanks very much for sending this along, Bruna.

I wholeheartedly support this initiative. None of the second
candidates received an outright majority, and since the previous
process was never formally closed, it is appropriate to give the EC a
notification of the cutoff to vote, and to keep the process open until
that cutoff. I would encourage my fellow ECs to vote freely and as
they see fit, based on their own personal reading of the different
candidates' strengths and weaknesses.

I will maintain my previous votes, for Shahul and for Dina, for the
reasons I mentioned previously. Dina had a strong application, I
thought, and has been involved in a relatively diverse cross section
of ICANN processes. I think it's good that she has a technical
background - which I think we need more of. She also has the support
of NPOC, which, although not determinative, is another factor
supporting her selection.

Best,

Michael