[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Application for ICANN63 travel support

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:46:41 CEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Liz Orembo <lizorembo at gmail.com>
Date: qua, 8 de ago de 2018 16:19
Subject: Application for ICANN63 travel support
To: <chair at ncuc.org>, Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>

Dear chair and Maryam,

Please find my application below.

Thanks.

NCUC fellowship Application for Barcelona

1. Why do you want to attend the meeting? Which Working groups or policy
discussions you have been involved with and would like to be involved
further. If you have not been involved in policy discussions, which policy
discussion(s) will  get involved with? (please provide

links to your mailing list contributions and your record of attendance

in WG meetings)

I  would like to attend this meeting to get to better know NCSG and step up
my participation in policy input.

1. I contribute to the comments on the mailing list list, public comments
and the event proposals.

2. I have also worked closely with the GSE Africa team on the Africa
Strategy and now I am part of the team drafting NCSG public comments on the
same. One of the things i had advocated for during the Africa NCUC call was
that we would be at a better position to influence the DNS industry in
relation to the NCUC work, when we take advantage of the revision window of
the Africa Strategy. I would like to have a better understanding on NCSG
specific issues by attending the NCUC and NCSG meetings at the ICANN
meeting.

https://community.icann.org/display/soaceoutreach/NCUC+Trip+Assessment+5+DRAFT

3. I have also participated in writing public comments. One for NCUC,
Nomcom review; and another one with the GSE team on community comments on
the IANA Transition.

4. I also participate in regional NCUC meetings, the recent one, yesterday
where I reported on my participation at the AIS.

I would like to be involved in the data protection related working groups.

2. How much support do you need? Indicate airfare, hotel, visa expenses
(Remember that we want to support as many mentees as possible, so the less
you ask for the more likely you are to receive funding - of course, it also
depends on your motivation letter- and we don't offer per diem.)

I need 1850

Airfare- 1000USD

Accomodation for 6 days- 600USD

Visa - 150 USD

3. How much time, effort and work will you spend studying policy topics
before, during and after the meeting? And will you stay engaged or
volunteer to mentor future NCSG members? If you have been a part of NCUC
Buddy Pilot program or plan to participate in this or other training
programs within NCSG, NCUC or NPOC please mention.

Of course I will continue engaging after the meeting. One of my reasons to
attend ICANN Barcelona is to find out on more participation opportunities
through better understanding the NCUC. I would like to attend the NCUC
policy course if there is any, and the advertised ICANN, Academia partnered
initiative on Internet Governance training.

I have not been part of the ICANN buddy program, but I have benefited
immensely on the support I have received from people I have interacted with
earlier through Next-gen and Fellowship programs.

--

Best regards.
Liz.

PGP ID: 0x1F3488BF