[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Application for ICANN63 Travel Support

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:45:40 CEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Benjamin Akinmoyeje <benakin at gmail.com>
Date: qua, 8 de ago de 2018 16:59
Subject: Application for ICANN63 Travel Support
To: <chair at ncuc.org>
Cc: <maryam.bakoshi at icann.com>

Dear Chair,

I have endeavored to stay active in the ICANN policy development process,
and in order to continue an active engagement by applying for travel
support of the NCUC.

I have been a member of the following working groups and participated in
the following comment issuing process.

·         Draft Proposal of the New Fellowship Program Approach – *commented
on the NCSG  draft statement.*

·         Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) in all gTLDs PDP Working
Group – *member – regularly on call of this WG*

·         Defunct Next-Gen WHOIS/RDS PDP WG, however following closely the
EPDP process. – *Member of draft teams (DT) on Domain Sales and WHOIS Data
elements.*

·         Making comments  as part of the NCSG  formed a team on the ICANN
Africa Strategic Plan 2016-2020 version 3.0 – *volunteered to on the
comment drafting team*

·         NPOC Policy committee - *volunteer*

I am working tenaciously to be more involved in the ICANN Africa Strategic
Plan implementation moving forward, especially including comments regarding
set milestone during this present review period and call for comments. This
will help ensure the proper accountability and sustainable growth of
ICANN’s visibility and DNS industry in Africa.

I am highly interested in the development and implementation bit of a
global public interest framework bounded by ICANN mission of the strategic
plan. I am looking forward to being at the table and participate for over a
year I attended an ICANN meeting. Looking forward to broadening the horizon
of my current engagement in both NCUC and NCSG. I hope to do my best to
keep along with the ICANN63 sessions especially those that concern the NCUC
and NCSG. I am also a volunteer on the Policy Committee of NPOC. My hope is
the improve engagement in NCUC will grant me the needed path to the
leadership or executive committee in the forthcoming election. As someone
who missed the opportunity to participate in the recently organized
NCSG/NCUC and NPOC – GNSO PDP capacity building training, I hope my
participation will give me another opportunity to build the capacity in the
writing comments in ICANN policy development process. I also look to
network with other stakeholders both in my constituent and ICANN space at
large.

*I will need about $1000 for the flight ticket and visa application.*

I am committed to spending 4 hours weekly to study policy topics,
especially in the area of EPDP and the impact of the GDPR. I will engage
intensely in the various discussions in the NPOC Policy Committee, I also
hope to be part of the NCUC outreach event in ICANN 63. I commit to
mentoring a newbie NCUC member at ICANN63. I will tweet tenaciously NCUC
activities before, during and after the ICANN 63 AGM.

I will continue my online training on ICANN Learn of the ICANN.org,
especially the GNSO module.

I hope to participate if there is a repeat of the GNSOPolicy writing
course.

I also hope to use the training and learning materials on the NCUC.org, to
refresh my knowledge on policy writing.

I hope my application is granted.

Yours faithfully,

Benjamin Akinmoyeje