[NCUC-EC] NCUC mentees for ICANN62 - Deliberate until 26Apr

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 21:48:47 CEST 2018

Dear Ines,

I am sorry if you understood it that way, I am suggesting the extension due
to the fact that the other 3 regions - NA, EU and LAC - could reach out to
members and check with them if they have interest. And also based on the
fact that I would personally like to see candidates that are more involved
with PDPs. - these were my reasons for my request and I did not want to be
disrespectful to other regions. I did share the call with my regional list
and I think thats the case for other EC members - I dont think we can
assume that they did not reach out to their regional lists.

So far NCUC has been able to rotate between regions - CPH fellows were both
from APAC (i guess), Johannesburg - AF and LAC, Abu Dhabi - LAC + Mentee,
San Juan - AF and EU - so my suggestion also comes due to the fact that we
should be able to have a more diverse composition of selected fellows per
meeting.  On the gender diversity note, I know Houda is a female applicant
and I very much appreciate the fact, but I would also like to see more.

But given that EC has not yet voted on the pool of candidates as it is, i
dont see a problem on reopening the deadline for 2 more days when the
deliberation has not yet formally started.

Thanks for weighing in, Ines, I appreciate your opinions (: I am not asking
for much, maybe only a 2/3 day deadline and sending the fellows
announcement to the list on early monday/sunday night.

best,
B.