[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Funding civil society day before IGF

Michael Karanicolas mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:51:07 CET 2017

I strongly agree with Elsa on this. It's been a subject of confusion
for me since I joined the EC. I believe we discussed this briefly back
in Abu Dhabi, which helped to clear up my understanding of the money
we have access to (to a certain degree...), but it's very difficult to
process these requests without a proper understanding of the budget we
have remaining, and the timeline under which we need to spend it.

As a solution, I'd suggest a shared Google doc listing what we have
available, that we can just update with each funding approval. I'd be
happy to draw that up, if someone can provide me the following
information:

- What level of funding do we have available to disburse now, and in
what baskets (CROP, general support, etc.)
- What commitments of funding have we approved going forward, if any?
- What is our fiscal year - when will these funds be replenished, and
to what level?

Thanks,

Michael