[NCUC-EC] Joburg NCUC session and NCSG policy session

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 14:39:48 CEST 2017

All,

Joburg meeting is a policy meeting. I consulted with you on how we wanted
to organize the NCUC meetings there, and since this is a policy meeting and
we do policy ultimately at NCSG level, we decided to participate in the
NCSG policy sessions (Morning outreach sessions, PC session) and have a 90
minute NCUC session on Wednesday from 17.00 to 18.30. Johnathan Zuck from
the Competition, Consumer Trust & Consumer Choice Review will visit us at
18.00. The meeting with the CCT RT is very important. Kathy Kleiman should
be there since she commented on their document. I urge you to read the
document.https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2017-03-07-en

For the rest of the meeting, I am planning to invite one or two board
members again. Thinking perhaps Maarten Botterman and someone else from the
technical side of things.

I also think we might need someone from the registrar to talk to us about
privacy issues of WHOIS.

We also need to help Tapani and Rafik to do the morning NCSG outreach
sessions. If you want to volunteer for that, please let me know.

I am going to arrange these, in the meantime, if you have ideas let me
know.

Best

Farzaneh