[NCUC-EC] Abu Dhabi Travel Slots

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 14:39:33 CEST 2017

Hi everyone

Yes, agree justification must be always given when asking for a slot
to attend the meeting.

Yes, rotation can be complemented by other processes.

Splitting the amount which would spent for a travel slot is something
to be investigated but I find that unlikely to be possible.
Perhaps we could know more about it before jumping to conclusions?

As for me going to Abu Dhabi:

* Justification: I believe in strenghtening participation in PDPs as
well as my LAC colleagues. We have been building a Global South
support network and the meeting would present an opportunity to
increase these efforts. I'd also really appreciate if all EC is there.

* Problem #1:  Fellowship is increasingly competitive and focused on
intensive capacity building efforts. I believe the chance of me being
selected is unclear or slim.

* Problem #2: Visa. The amount of bureaucracy required for Brazilians
is incredible and I'll my best but this can be an impossibility.

I have also applied for travel slot in Johannesburg.

Giving that information, I believe it is best if I wait for fellowship
result and then consult with you all on next steps.

Keeping fingers crossed all works best for you all

Renata