[NCUC-EC] RightsCon applicants

Tatiana Tropina tatiana.tropina at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 07:56:12 CET 2017

All,
I don't see any plan for outreach submitted by the candidates. Wasn't that
the requirement Farz stated in the application?
For CROPP we've heard clearly several times that we need a candidate from
the region. How comes Milton qualifies for CROPP at all? I see "I will be
in Europe" in his application - does it mean he will live in Europe at that
time or he will come to Europe? How does CROPP judge the "candidate from
the region"? Does the fact that someone is in the region for short time
qualify them as being from the region?
I would suggest to support Milton if he qualifies for CROPP and given that
he will do *outreach* for NCUC and not just as he proposed reaching out to
lawyers and explaining them that something is not quite right. I think
CROPP is intended primarily for outreach. If Milton is not qualified for
CROPP, I can suggest we might cover the hotel from the NCUC budget as the
quality of the NCUC panel is important for us and Milton have necessary
expertise. Ah, and of course we have to ask him to help with outreach in
this case.
Now, about Colin's application. If Milton can't be considered as European
we basically have to send Colin. I think Colin is great, her application is
good but there is no outreach plan.  This is no surprise, she joined only
recently. As she is very new to NCUC we have to ensure that she understands
that the programme is for *outreach*. Someone will have to help her. If we
pay for Milton's hotel he can be that person :).
And again, whomever we send, this person shall do outreach.

Cheers
Tanya