[NCUC-EC] Selection of mentee to Community Onboarding - Until 14dec!

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 13:09:07 CET 2017

Hi all

Thanks Tapani

I'm in transit but you'll also find the link to Public Comments in this
spreadsheet

I'll caution EC in KPIs for engagement

We can't just say "someone did not do anything else after x public comment"

Data in ICANN is public, you just need to find it or ask if you are being
unable to find

Tapani is former NCSG Chair and helps us manage our mailing lists, we are
thankful for his continued volunteering, and finding who's doing projects
in them - such as Comment-Drafters

Even so EC has other KPIs like amount of ICANN meetings and outreach
funding received versus participation in working groups and comments

We will get many members - nextgen, fellows - who have been in ICANN in
several meetings and even went to other events but never interacted in a wg
advocating for non-commercials. That is an investigation EC has to make and
note on their justifications relevant findings.

Your justifications can serve as guidance for members who want to interact
more in the future.

We are in an uncommon selection right now because we are choosing someone
to integrate Onboarding team and we are lucky to have guidance from this
team on choices the 1st time this is delegated to EC. So that is also
something you address on your decision. EC does not work alone.

So we have

Dina - 2 votes - NA and EU/Senior mentee Onboarding and Mentor Onboarding
choices

Olga - AF

Tie Dina/Olga - 2 votes - LAC and AP?

We have 2 unusual developments - changes in Leadership Program and NCUC
Policy Course funding

So I am closing this process to start the latter

We will follow Onboarding Mentor pioneer Kathy and select Dina.

I'll share the draft for the next process later today.

Thanks