[NCUC-EC] NCUC plans for Abu Dhabi

Michael Karanicolas michael at law-democracy.org
Wed Aug 30 22:00:56 CEST 2017

Hi,

All great suggestions, I think. I will be around for the 28th, and
would be happy to be involved, both as an EC member and potentially to
discuss issues of transparency and WS2, as we did in Copenhagen. Would
be good to have Niels back, if he's around, as he did a great job on
the human rights discussion last time, I think, and that should be an
issue of interest to the participants.

I like the idea of having a mentor and mentee present their work, as a
way of introducing the program and hopefully getting some new blood
interested. I'd suggest that comments about other presentations indeed
be short, as Renata suggests, since it can be tempting for people to
get bogged down when discussing their own work.

One suggestion I have would be to try and make the introduction to
ICANN and NCUC as clear, simple and concise as possible. I felt that
last time we got a bit bogged down in the acronyms and processes which
I think can be a bit intimidating to new members - maybe just focus on
thematic ideas and areas that they can get involved - and they can
learn more about the broader ICANN ecosystem as they go?

Best,

Michael