[NCUC-EC] NCUC and Policy Practicum

David Cake dave at davecake.net
Mon Aug 21 06:39:38 CEST 2017

I would certainly agree that Maria Farrell would be terrific. I know Maria has done both policy and training work, and she knows ICANN and broader Internet governance very well indeed, and has a long history with NCUC and an even longer one with ICANN. I’m not sure if she is still in the training and policy business, but we can always ask.

Another small firm that I am familiar with is Policy Australia Ltd. http://policyaustralia.com.au/ <http://policyaustralia.com.au/>, especially Carolyn Dalton. They do not, as far as I am aware, have specific experience with ICANN, but they have worked on a really wide range of Internet policy issues otherwise, and are particularly good on working with broad policy coalitions. I’ve worked with them on intellectual property reform campaigns and related issues.

I agree that working with a CSO might be useful, and the issue of discussing grants as well as policy documents in worth considering.
Access Now and OpenTech would be good choices, APC might be another group worth talking to as I’m sure they have dealt with the issue of policy training themselves.

David