[NCUC-EC] Updated List: Applicants for NCUC Travel Support

David Cake dave at davecake.net
Sat Aug 19 04:46:03 CEST 2017

I think Claudio is already usefully engaged with specific issues, and that is very promising. I like that Pascal is already engaged with one of our major policy working groups. If Renata says her WS2-diversity work is well received and she is fully engaged, Kimberly Anastácio also gets my support. All three of those I would be happy to see receive support.

Some others I think would make excellent ICANN Fellow candidates, but the NCUC Fellow program is really not for people who wish to learn about ICANN, but more those who wish to make the transition to being an active policy participant, in my opinion. And those who have already participated in ICANN Fellowship program we should only be supporting if they are actively making that transition. Some of those choices are very difficult (Paola Perez i certainly think deserves some support to come to ICANN, just might not be a good candidate for ours).

I actually find Milton’s application to be quite weak (really, Milton is going to provide his institutional knowledge on GDPR and whois privacy? Pity he hasn’t taken any advantage of the opportunity to be part of discussions around those issues over the past several years, when several of us have been spending hours every week on those issues). But he is clearly the strongest mentor candidate.

	David