[NCUC-EC] NCUC meetings during the policy forum

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 06:09:51 CEST 2017

All,

If we want to have  NCUC meeting(s) during the policy forum, then we need
to ask before 26 April for meeting slots

I suggest a couple of approaches, please comment

*1.* Not to have any stand alone NCUC meeting, but have morning policy
briefings and afternoon briefings of what policy discussions are going on
and why we should attend them. We can also help GNSO with arranging the 8
to 8.30 outreach they have OR we could have our own briefings for our
members and newcomers. Such briefings, however, need a lot of policy
insights so EC members attending the meeting should be well versed on
various topics beforehand. You can do this by consulting with Rafik, Matt
and Ayden.

Approx 8 cross-community sessions were proposed. That's quite a lot. Please
identify the important ones and brief our members with a brief background
on what the topics are.

*2. *NCUC could meet with some other stakeholders and advisory committee.
For example, NCUC could meet with some GAC members to discuss two things:
Underserved regions and two letter top level domain that match country
codes. But someone from EC has to learn about these issues and run the
meeting. So, are there any volunteers? We can also meet with ccNSO members
and just introduce ourselves and tell them what we do at GNSO and what
issues we work on. Or, meet with the leaders of PDP working groups ( they
might never have the time) to update us on their work).

3. Have a combination of both 1 and 2. Which is heavy work and you need to
actively organize it.

Attached is the GNSO agenda, and as you can see it's quite full.

My advice: from the previous policy forum I figured that we need a strategy
and we need to be prepared before the meeting, so I more lean towards
option one. Lets focus on brief policy outreaches in the mornings, set
strategy before you go to the GNSO policy meetings or any other meeting we
identify as necessary. The strategy to include: what we are going to
attend, what issues we are going to address, how and who to report back to
NCUC), and hold short brainstorming sessions during the the week of the
meeting.

We also need an NCUC report at the end of the meeting. I would like to ask
Bruna to be the penholder for this, but you need to help her with writing
and contributing to the report.

We need to decide soon, so let me know.

Farzaneh