[NCUC-EC] outreach events criteria

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 05:05:08 CET 2016

Hi Renata,

We don't fund events from NCUC budget normally. sometimes we sponsor a
dinner or support someone's travel for outreach. It's a good idea to come
up with some broad criteria and tell everyone how they can request for
support for outreach. Our help is minimal though. Each region also has an
ICANN engagement contact point if I am not mistaken. Outreach could be
coordinated with them as well. I wanted to see the list of names and
contact points so that each EC member can be in touch with them. I will
look for it tomorrow.

On 11 December 2016 at 22:46, Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I had a request already on NCUC-LAC for an outreach event in Venezuela.
>
> I understand budget is tight and NCUC does these events involving the
> community.
>
> But just to get ahead here, is there any outreach events criteria? Do
> we have to devise it?
>
> The person who asked this , for instance, has great experiences with
> remote participation, has led ICANN remote hub events so I think also
> maybe just a webconference of NCUC leadership with university students
> could be a good event, maybe.
>
> Anyhow, I guess if we had a form or criteria folks should adapt
> themselves to fixed somewhere will be easy to accomodate these
> requests
>
> Best,
>
> Renata

Farzaneh