[NCUC-EC] Next Two NCUC EC Meetings + outreach meeting

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:06:23 CEST 2014

Hi

While remotely participating in the MAG meeting, a few points:

On May 18, 2014, at 11:04 AM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Now that the spring madness is crawling to an end at this end (NETmundial, IGF MAG, teaching) and hopefully yours as well, we very much need to reconnect on a number of pending initiatives, and also to take some decisions on budgetary allocations etc.  I will be getting back to you all soon with initial suggestions on agenda items, but first can we please try to nail down meeting times.
>
> We need to hold an online meeting prior to London.  I am hoping we can do this Friday 23 or M-Wed 26-28 before I leave town.
>
> 1.  I have established a Doodle at http://doodle.com/t84i8irivbkf6ywb.  Please let me know ASAP when you could make it.

The five of us who’ve responded can make Wednesday 28 May at 18:00 CET (currently UTC +2) so please put that in your calendars and I will ask Glen for Adobe Connect.  I’ll work on aggregating points we should cover and get a suggested agenda to you over the weekend. If you have any issues/items you know of please let me know.

> In London, there are three items of interest at the front end.  First, Rafik and I have been in discussions with staff to hold a civil society outreach meeting when NCUCers can meet with NGO reps who are not in ICANN but might be enticed to at least attend the conference and then potentially come back for the meeting and eventually join us.  We’re expecting to invite a few dozen CS people from around the UK + anyone from the contingent willing to come, or at least participate remotely.  Looks like we can get a room for like 50 people on Friday 20 4-6pm followed by reception, so that’s the plan.  My flight gets in 2pm so I will just barely make it myself, but it should be highly useful.  Will provide more info as merited.
>
> 2.  I have established a Doodle at  http://doodle.com/hvsztpfn4pu8m8pe.  Please let me know ASAP when you could make it, whether F2F or remotely if not coming.

Four of us have responded to this. We have decided to go forward with the meeting, on a more open rather than selective basis.  Which is to say, anyone from NCUC who has arrived in time + non-ICANN CS will be able to join, but we’ll need people to register to make sure the numbers synch with the catering. There should be remote participation as well. Once we have the details sorted I’ll send an invitation to the members list, but please reserve 4-6pm (meeting) and 6-7pm (reception) on Friday 20 June, London time.

> If you have any suggestions of non-member CS people we should be attending, particularly from the UK, do let me know.

Seriously

> 3.  On Saturday late afternoon we will have a room rented at the conference site where people (including those who could not do the Friday meeting) can get together informally and take stock of its take-aways and the broader challenges of outreach/inreach.  Rafik, for example, doesn’t arrive until Saturday, so he wanted a chance to touch base and continue the conversation.  We’ll provide details later, hope you can come by.
>
> 4.  On Saturday or Sunday we will hold a one hour EC meeting.  I assume all will be there by then and able to attend, either F2F or remote.  I’ll let you know when we have a room, hard to secure now with the wider schedule in flux and driving staff and community both crazy.

Impossible to know when this will be at the moment.

Other news:

*I need to work on the Constituency Day agenda for London.  We need some interesting items to talk about.  Anyone have any suggestions, please share.

*MAG has approved both NCUC workshops, they having been ranked #2 and #8 of the 221 proposals submitted.  The fate of NCSG’s is presently unclear.

*Discussion is proceeding with CSG on various points, e.g. the board election and “house” meeting, probably next January.

*ICANN is asking me whether we want to print anything for the London meeting.  Any suggestions?

*The window is closing on the current fiscal year CROPP funding and we’ve asked for nothing.  Nobody wants to go to a conference in their region, like EuroDIG, and represent NCUC?

Thanks,

Bill