[NCUC-EC] Next Two NCUC EC Meetings + outreach meeting

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Sun May 18 11:04:32 CEST 2014

Hi

Now that the spring madness is crawling to an end at this end (NETmundial, IGF MAG, teaching) and hopefully yours as well, we very much need to reconnect on a number of pending initiatives, and also to take some decisions on budgetary allocations etc.  I will be getting back to you all soon with initial suggestions on agenda items, but first can we please try to nail down meeting times.

We need to hold an online meeting prior to London.  I am hoping we can do this Friday 23 or M-Wed 26-28 before I leave town.

1.  I have established a Doodle at http://doodle.com/t84i8irivbkf6ywb.  Please let me know ASAP when you could make it.

In London, there are three items of interest at the front end.  First, Rafik and I have been in discussions with staff to hold a civil society outreach meeting when NCUCers can meet with NGO reps who are not in ICANN but might be enticed to at least attend the conference and then potentially come back for the meeting and eventually join us.  We’re expecting to invite a few dozen CS people from around the UK + anyone from the contingent willing to come, or at least participate remotely.  Looks like we can get a room for like 50 people on Friday 20 4-6pm followed by reception, so that’s the plan.  My flight gets in 2pm so I will just barely make it myself, but it should be highly useful.  Will provide more info as merited.

2.  I have established a Doodle at  http://doodle.com/hvsztpfn4pu8m8pe.  Please let me know ASAP when you could make it, whether F2F or remotely if not coming.

If you have any suggestions of non-member CS people we should be attending, particularly from the UK, do let me know.

3.  On Saturday late afternoon we will have a room rented at the conference site where people (including those who could not do the Friday meeting) can get together informally and take stock of its take-aways and the broader challenges of outreach/inreach.  Rafik, for example, doesn’t arrive until Saturday, so he wanted a chance to touch base and continue the conversation.  We’ll provide details later, hope you can come by.

4.  On Saturday or Sunday we will hold a one hour EC meeting.  I assume all will be there by then and able to attend, either F2F or remote.  I’ll let you know when we have a room, hard to secure now with the wider schedule in flux and driving staff and community both crazy.

Any thought, suggestions, etc. let me know.

Cheers

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer