[NCUC-EC] Ballots

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Sat Nov 16 13:23:58 CET 2013

On Nov 16 12:15, Milton L Mueller (mueller at syr.edu) wrote:

> Tapani,
> By approving "ballots" the bylaws meant that the EC had to look at
> the emails that would be sent to members to vote. It seems that you
> are asking them to approve the membership list, which is a different
> thing. It may be a good idea to do that, but it has nothing to do
> with the bylaw requirement to approve ballots.

Umm, no. That was not the membership list but list of those
members whose emails would be on the ballot; I initially had
emails on the list but realized they'd become spammer fodder,
so I edited them out and offered to send them privately to
those who want, since we don't have any routine to handle
things in the EC we don't want to end up in the public web,
like email addresses in this case.
(I have been planning to set up a login-required web page
for the purpose, but it's not there yet.)

Perhaps I should email the list of addresses in the ballot to all EC
members separately? I can do that if desired.

--
Tapani Tarvainen