[NCUC-EC] New members

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Sat Mar 23 20:14:32 CET 2013

This is really great, Tapani!  Thank you!

We've been waiting for ICANN to follow-up on its promise to provide
us with an integrated membership database.  It might be one of those
times when waiting for ICANN to do what it said it would do is
fruitless, and perhaps NCSG should just try to build a database on
our own.

Best,
Robin

On Mar 21, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Tapani Tarvainen wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 09:25:47AM +0100, William Drake
> (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:
>
>> I'm not in a position right now to go about a second vetting, and
>> there's no reason I should have to. Robin, Rafik, and Milton all
>> voted to approve them for NCSG, I have to assume they also believe
>> the applicants suitable for NCUC as well. I'm copying them here;
>> unless you hear reactions to the contrary from them today, please
>> add all the below to the NCUC membership rolls tomorrow morning.
>
> Done. I did a quick, eh, technical consistency check, and found
> a couple of typos: Heather Leason should be Leson, and missing last
> letter in one email address (obvious, easily corrected).
>
> As a side note, the main reason I put the member data in a real
> database is that it makes automated consistency checks easy,
> as well as all kinds of automated processing, including
> such automated mailings, but also things like this:
>
> http://ncuc1.ncuc.org/stats/
>
> No eye candy but the information is there, it is automatically
> updated, and it took me less than half on hour to set up,
> with flaky internet connection in a train to boot.
>
> --
> Tapani Tarvainen

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org