[NCUC-EC] I cannot be in Beijing

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Sun Mar 24 06:13:17 CET 2013

Dear NCUC Colleagues,

this is to inform you that I had to cancel the plans to be in Beijing in
relation to the Asia Internet History Project during the ICANN meetings
-- I still do not know when I will have a new passport (which is being
printed by the German Government Printers in Germany).

Sorry to miss the opportunity again to participate on site.

Also, I had been away from Phnom Penh for a while with poor internet
access -- remembering the "good old times" in Cambodia when I started
the first connection to the Internet via UUCP in 1994. Living in the
capital city, I knew in theory that parts of the country are still under
the "digital divide" - but it is a different thing to experience it again.

So I am only now reading the serious discussions related to civil
society, non-commercials, and the multistakeholder approach -- and the
"strawman" and the ICANN staff role etc. on the other side.

Norbert Klein

Phnom Penh
Cambodia