[NCUC-EC] New members

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Thu Mar 21 18:14:34 CET 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 09:25:47AM +0100, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:

> I'm not in a position right now to go about a second vetting, and
> there's no reason I should have to. Robin, Rafik, and Milton all
> voted to approve them for NCSG, I have to assume they also believe
> the applicants suitable for NCUC as well. I'm copying them here;
> unless you hear reactions to the contrary from them today, please
> add all the below to the NCUC membership rolls tomorrow morning.

Done. I did a quick, eh, technical consistency check, and found
a couple of typos: Heather Leason should be Leson, and missing last
letter in one email address (obvious, easily corrected).

As a side note, the main reason I put the member data in a real
database is that it makes automated consistency checks easy,
as well as all kinds of automated processing, including
such automated mailings, but also things like this:

http://ncuc1.ncuc.org/stats/

No eye candy but the information is there, it is automatically
updated, and it took me less than half on hour to set up,
with flaky internet connection in a train to boot.

--
Tapani Tarvainen