[NCUC-EC] New members

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Mar 21 07:58:17 CET 2013

Hi

On Mar 21, 2013, at 5:46 AM, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>

> As I've suggested before, it'd be really helpful if NCUC's reps on the NCSG EC could let us know at each intake into NCSG which have indicated a desire to join NCUC and whether there are any reservations or we should just approve.  Otherwise we're going to have long gaps like this (two months between being admitted to NCSG and then to NCUC isn't a terribly enthusiastic welcome) and perhaps even names that never get transferred.
>
> I recall sending those names to Ed and  person like Olga already joined a team. and Brenden already send them a public message to welcome them as joining NCSG

Great, merci Monsiuer Dynamic.  Ed was ill and offline for awhile, which I guess suggests that maybe going forward the thing to do would be send a note listing new SGers who wanna be UCers to e-team at lists.ncuc.org so several of us see it and ensure they get a reasonably prompt welcome note adding them to the listserv.  If we can get inreach at lists.ncuc.org lit up down the line maybe we could also get in the habit of sending a few paragraphs of welcome to NCUC here's how to get involved boilerplate…

Cheers,

Bill