[NCUC-EC] New members

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Mar 20 09:25:47 CET 2013

Hi Tapani

Once again, many thanks for handling all this member stuff on top of the e-platform transitions, it's really appreciated.

On Mar 20, 2013, at 5:40 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:

> According to our bylaws new NCUC members are approved
> by the chair after secretary-treasurer's recommendation,
> so, Milton and Bill, over to you.

I believe MM indicated a lack of interest in performing this particular ST function, but anyway as you say he's on the NCSG EC that approved these folks coming in at the first level so I think we can say he's already made a rec.

> (Let me know if you want more information - of course Milton
> has it all already from NCSG EC.)

Some names I recognize, some I don't.  I'm not in a position right now to go about a second vetting, and there's no reason I should have to.  Robin, Rafik, and Milton all voted to approve them for NCSG, I have to assume they also believe the applicants suitable for NCUC as well.  I'm copying them here; unless you hear reactions to the contrary from them today, please add all the below to the NCUC membership rolls tomorrow morning.

As I've suggested before, it'd be really helpful if NCUC's reps on the NCSG EC could let us know at each intake into NCSG which have indicated a desire to join NCUC and whether there are any reservations or we should just approve.  Otherwise we're going to have long gaps like this (two months between being admitted to NCSG and then to NCUC isn't a terribly enthusiastic welcome) and perhaps even names that never get transferred.

Bill