[NCUC-EC] EC meeting?

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Jun 28 17:59:31 CEST 2013

Hi

So my Doodle effort resulted in not much—over the course of four days, no times that more than three people could attend.

On Jun 25, 2013, at 5:45 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 05:24:35PM +0200, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:
>
>> While I am utterly swamped with NCUC work already and previous NCUC
>> chairs say that they never held the meetings mentioned in the bylaws
>> (considered the email exchanges sufficient),
>
> Actually I think email meetings would be sufficient, if conducted as
> meetings with agenda, announced time, and published minutes written
> to document what was decided - the last being most important.

I wonder if this wouldn't be a bit complicated for us to pull off.

> (It would be nice to have collection of minutes from past meetings
> neatly organized in our website.)

Milton can correct me since he's the only historical memory here, but my understanding from talking to past chairs was that few real meetings have been held over the years and there are probably fewer minutes to collect.

> Anyway, I would much prefer some format with chat rather than just
> voice (I find it very hard to follow voice-only teleconferences).
>
>> there's no reason for us not to do so if we have stuff to discuss.
>> And indeed, it might be good to talk about org matters in advance of
>> Durban, particularly since I squeezed the time for this on
>> Constituency Day so as to avoid Ed's suggested beheadings.
>
> I don't seem to recall beheadings mentioned in the bylaws…
>
>> So how about this week? I've put up a Doodle
>> http://www.doodle.com/f263ytg9nkqp4h5y#table with afternoon times in
>> Europe, which hopefully would be congenial elsewhere on earth.
>
> Works for me. :-)

Yes, just not at the same time it worked for others.

Two options: 1) Doodle again for next week.

2)  Saturday in Durban?  We don't all need to sit through the full day of GNSO Council.    I can ask, but don't think I could get the secretariat to come up with facilities and Adobe etc at this point, they are frantic as is and it wasn't budgeted.  In which case those of us on site could just find an empty room and Milton and Ed could join via Skype.  We're probably more likely to get somewhere with at least some of us F2F, and if preparing for CD is part of the agenda, doing it there seems sensible.

Thoughts?