[NCUC-EC] EC meeting?

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Jun 25 17:45:03 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 05:24:35PM +0200, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:

> While I am utterly swamped with NCUC work already and previous NCUC
> chairs say that they never held the meetings mentioned in the bylaws
> (considered the email exchanges sufficient),

Actually I think email meetings would be sufficient, if conducted as
meetings with agenda, announced time, and published minutes written
to document what was decided - the last being most important.
(It would be nice to have collection of minutes from past meetings
neatly organized in our website.)

Anyway, I would much prefer some format with chat rather than just
voice (I find it very hard to follow voice-only teleconferences).

> there's no reason for us not to do so if we have stuff to discuss.
> And indeed, it might be good to talk about org matters in advance of
> Durban, particularly since I squeezed the time for this on
> Constituency Day so as to avoid Ed's suggested beheadings.

I don't seem to recall beheadings mentioned in the bylaws...

> So how about this week? I've put up a Doodle
> http://www.doodle.com/f263ytg9nkqp4h5y#table with afternoon times in
> Europe, which hopefully would be congenial elsewhere on earth.

Works for me. :-)

--
Tapani Tarvainen