[Ec-ncuc] [NCUC Finance] Finance Team reboot

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Feb 21 16:48:12 CET 2013

[Milton L Mueller] Right on target, as usual, Tapani. The two functions have been combined (actually, I have not vetted membership apps, Konstantinos started doing that some time ago because it made sense to integrate that with membership list maintenance) but they need not be.

Just to clarify a false assertion in Bill's prior message: I have been formally appointed as Treasurer during Robin's and KK's tenure as Chair. I just assumed nothing had changed because I had seen no discussion of it on the EC list. Indeed, it is a bit odd the way on the one hand some people are calling for greater transparency and on the other trying to make appointments in the dark and bypassing the EC completely.

> In particular should we one day choose a non-American as S-T, delegating
> the account management might be a practical necessity.
> The bureaucratic difficulties notwithstanding, I think it would be
> prudent to have at least two people with access to the account.
> We should try to avoid hard dependencies on individuals here just as in
> e-platform management - if you're run over by a truck tomorrow, what
> would happen to the funds?

[Milton L Mueller] Totally agree, will cooperate with any reasonable and secure way of handling that issue, just do it in the open involving the whole EC.