[Ec-ncuc] NCSG discussion list

Milton L Mueller mueller
Wed Jul 13 18:32:13 CEST 2011

I think this is a potentially confusing and even damaging change that we have to handle carefully.
Members need to know who they are communicating with. Proliferation of lists among casually connected members will confuse them and they are bound to fail to keep up with one of the two lists (NCSG v. NCUC).

IMHO, We want the ?discuss? list to be SG-wide. That is, we want all policy issues to be discussed openly among ALL SG members, and not confined to NCUC members only, and we don?t want NCUC members to start silo-ing off their conversations into a place where others are not accessible. So let?s make the new NCUC list an announce list only ? an official list of NCUC members for voting on any constituency list matters. In some way this will be a problem ? there may be times when the NCUC by itself wants to have a conversation about specific things, but I do fear splitting up our discussions before people are used to the fact that there are multiple constituencies.

Really, this multiple-tiered model is SUCH a fuckedup thing. It only could have been invented by full-time paid staff members with no clue as to how real world civil society people spend their time.

From: ec-ncuc-bounces at ipjustice.org [mailto:ec-ncuc-bounces at ipjustice.org] On Behalf Of Konstantinos Komaitis
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:20 PM
To: 'Brenden Kuerbis'; EC-NCUC at ipjustice.org
Subject: Re: [Ec-ncuc] NCSG discussion list

I think it is important we do?we need to have a separate list that is archived and all, but we need a separate list for internal purposes. What do other think?

KK

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,

Senior Lecturer,
Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses
Director of LLM Information Technology and Telecommunications Law
University of Strathclyde,
The Law School,
Graham Hills building,
50 George Street, Glasgow G1 1BA