[NCUC-DISCUSS] Candidate statement- Razoana Moslam- EC-APAC -NCUC

Razoana Moslam razoanamoslam at gmail.com
Fri May 24 03:44:20 CEST 2024

Hi Everyone,

Below is my candidate statement for showing my skills, experience and
vision if I get to be elected as the EC APAC representative-

*Name: Razoaa Moslam*
*Region of residence: *Australia (citizen of Bangladesh & Australia-Both)
*Gender: *Female
*Employment:* Activist and Partner at Togather against Cybercrime, Active
member of Youth IGF & a *Lawyer*
*Conflict of interest: *None that I am aware of

*Reasons for willingness to take on the position:*
I have been involved with NCUC since the year 2017 right after I first
attended ICANN 60 in Abu Dhabi as a "Nextgen".  I am working in the
Internet governance/ cybercrimes sector since 2009 since my university
years.

As an aspiring EC, I am deeply passionate about the intersection of
technology, governance, and diplomacy. In an era defined by rapid
technological advancement and the increasing interconnectedness of our
world through the internet, the need for effective governance and diplomacy
in cyberspace has never been more crucial.

My journey towards becoming an EC stems from a diverse background in
technology, law, and international relations. With a solid foundation in
computer science, I have developed a deep understanding of the technical
complexities underlying internet governance issues, ranging from
cybersecurity to data privacy and digital rights. Concurrently, my legal
education has equipped me with the analytical skills necessary to navigate
the intricate legal frameworks that govern cyberspace at both national and
international levels.

As an EC-AP, my primary goal will be to promote multi-stakeholder
cooperation and dialogue in addressing the complex challenges facing the
internet ecosystem particularly in NCUC. I believe that inclusive
governance frameworks, which involve collaboration among governments,
industry stakeholders, civil society organizations, and technical experts,
are essential for fostering innovation, protecting digital rights, and
ensuring a free and open internet for all.

Furthermore, I am committed to advocating for the principles of digital
sovereignty, inclusivity, and human rights in cyberspace. In an
increasingly fragmented digital world, it is imperative to uphold these
principles to prevent the balkanization of the internet and preserve its
global nature as a common resource for humanity.

In addition to my academic background, I have actively engaged with various
stakeholders in the internet governance community through participation in
conferences, workshops, and online forums. These experiences have not only
deepened my understanding of the multifaceted nature of internet governance
but have also honed my skills in diplomacy, negotiation, and
consensus-building.

As a councilor, I envision myself playing a catalytic role in bridging the
gap between different stakeholders, facilitating dialogue, and fostering
collaborative solutions to pressing internet governance challenges. Whether
it involves advocating for the adoption of international norms and
standards, mediating disputes between conflicting parties, or raising
awareness about emerging threats, I am committed to leveraging my
knowledge, skills, and networks to contribute meaningfully to the
advancement of a free, open, and secure internet for future generations.

I am deeply passionate about the transformative power of the internet and
firmly believe in its potential to drive positive change and empower
individuals and communities worldwide. As an EC member, I am eager to
leverage my interdisciplinary background, diplomatic acumen, and unwavering
commitment to promoting a more inclusive and equitable digital future for
NCUC.

I have been a part of the APAC community since 2017 and I know both young
and senior IG leaders in our community closely. I have been a fellow at
APIGA 2018. I've been a Nexgen member in ICANN 60 and "NextGen Ambassador"
in ICANN 63 and "Fellow" in ICANN 76 and ICANN 80.

*Time commitment*
I work remotely and am happy to commit and dedicate any time that is
required for this position. I hope you will support my candidature. Thank
you.

Best Regards,
Razoana Moslam