[NCUC-DISCUSS] Language Services to support Diversity in NCUC meetings

Olivier Kouami olivierkouami at gmail.com
Tue May 10 03:03:14 CEST 2022

Dear Chair Benjamin,

Thank you for taking into account this important request which in MHO, will
bring more active participation of the NCUC members, at least the
francophones.
Please, see my answers below :

Le lun. 9 mai 2022 à 16:14, Benjamin Akinmoyeje <benakin at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Dear NCUC members,
>
> In order to address some of the requests from members, ICANN.org is
> requesting my response to these questions.
>

> I will like to get an idea of the level of support needed by our community
> by your response to these questions
>
> As members, would you need NCUC meetings interpreted in real time?
>

> What type of services are requested? (Interpretation? Real-time
> transcription? Translation?)

In fact, my inspiration is coming from the AfRALO  monthly calls. It's a
membership call and there are different choices to follow up the meeting.
1) From the Zoom channel or
2) by dial out system on EN or FR channels.
Or the both.
There is also a RTT in english.

In what languages?

French (FR)

> Types of meetings language services would be needed?  Membership calls? EC
> calls? Sessions during ICANN Public Meetings?
>
> At least the Membership calls

The plenaries during the Public Meetings are already provided with these
features.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

> Kind regards,
>
> Benjamin

Thanks you for your kind attention.
Warm regards
Olévié

*Olévié A. A. KOUAMI **Abd-El-Raouf *
CTO de l'*INTIC4DEV* (Institut ds TIC pour le développement)
CEO de Ets "*Le FA de la Téranga*"
Vice-Chair *IS3C WG4 on Communication (IGF/FGI)*
*Making the Internet more secure and safer*
*Rendre Internet plus sécurisé et plus sûr*
Tél.: (+221) 77 422 16 47 (Orange)
Tel.: (Togo) : +228 90 98 86 50
*Skype : olevie1   FaceBook : @olivier.kouami.7 Twitter : #oleviek
Popenguine, région de Thiès - SENEGAL-