[NCUC-DISCUSS] Virtual Meetings Strategy - Reply by April 2nd

dorothy g dgdorothydg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:31:24 CEST 2020

*1. For ICANN67, the virtual meeting was conducted during general working
hours in CancĂșn local time. If ICANN68 is held as a Virtual Policy Forum,
what time zone should the schedule adhere to?*
Kuala Lumpur (UTC+8)

2. 4 hours total ( does not need to be consecutive)

3.  Yes up to 2 days

4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Very important
7.  All languages are important in an inclusive community. You may want to
include sign language for the hearing impaired.

The points I would add are that if the meeting is advertised as virtual we
can count on more people attending.  I did not attend the last meeting as I
had other scheduled meetings.  Holding virtual meetings means we can have
more active participation as long as each session is accompanied by a good
background note that allows people to understand the key decision points.
The savings from travel costs can be applied to technology, recording and
interpretation and translation services, The technology can also support
regional consultations which would help Africa as our continent is huge and
very dispersed.

best

Dorothy Gordon