[NCUC-DISCUSS] Reminder Fwd: NCUC Elections - Nominations period starts Monday (3 Sept)!

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 21:32:29 CEST 2018

Dear David
I appreciate that you are transparent about being a member of NPOC EC. Although
we do not have any rule against constituencies leaders running for other
constituencies leadership, I think it sets a bad precedent.  I believe this is
not a healthy practice for us. There is no problem if you have moved on to NPOC
and are in a leadership position. But accepting a nomination to be a part of
NCUC leadership at the same time without resignation from the other constituency
leadership is bad practice in my opinion which hampers the independence of both
constituencies. Yes it's great to cooperate. But  competing for a leadership
position at one constituency while holding a leadership position in another is
not recommendable.  I am just weighing in as an NCUC member. I do not recommend
running should you not want to resign from NPOC leadership.
Best
Farzaneh